NOTICE: 2019 data webinar series is now closed. We will resume early next year, please stay tune for the data webinar information updates. If you registered, you will receive webinar email reminder a day fore the webinar.
Date: staring on the 10th of September, 2019, with a general plan for sessions fortnightly
Times: 11am for 1 hour (Canberra time)
Zoom Meeting ID: https://anu.zoom.us/j/440830453
Scope of the webinar:
- Walk-through of various data services at NCI, including how to find datasets and access them
- Information on specific datasets, including a chance to talk to key data owners and users
- Information on NCI dataset management
- Examples of how to use the datasets using popular applications, portals, software, Virtual Research Environments
- Other relevant use-cases for specific communities
Who should attend: NCI data users, general researchers who are interested in the following domains such as climate and weather, earth observation, geosciences, hydrology, environment, astronomy, and son on.
Format: The first part will be a talk (30-40min), followed by Q&A.
|Date||Topic||Presenter||links to the material|
|19 Nov 2019|
A Future Vision for Electromagnetic Geophysical Data, Processing and Modelling on High Performance Computing
|5 Nov 2019|
no webinar. NCI Training, 5 Nov, 2019
|22 Oct 2019||Introduction to NCI's Geospatial Data Server (GSKY) (part II)||Jingbo Wang/Leo Lymburner|
|8 Oct 2019||Introduction to NCI's Geospatial Data Server (GSKY) (part I)||Jingbo Wang||slides.pdf|
|24 Sep 2019||Introduction to NCI’s Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)||Jingbo Wang|
|10 Sep 2019||Introduction to the NCI's Managed Datasets||Jingbo Wang|