NOTICE: 2020 data webinar series will be announced soon, please stay tuned for webinar information updates. If registered via ANU zoom, you will receive an email reminder a day before the event.
Date: starting on the 10th of September, 2019, with a general plan for sessions fortnightly
Times: 11am for 1 hour (Canberra time)
Zoom Meeting ID: https://anu.zoom.us/j/440830453
Scope of the webinar:
- Walk-through of various data services at NCI, including how to find datasets and access them
- Information on specific datasets, including a chance to talk to key data owners and users
- Information on NCI dataset management
- Examples of how to use the datasets using popular applications, portals, software, Virtual Research Environments
- Other relevant use-cases for specific communities
Who should attend: NCI data users, general researchers who are interested in the following domains such as climate and weather, earth observation, geosciences, hydrology, environment, astronomy, and son on.
Format: The first part will be a talk (30-40min), followed by Q&A.
|Date||Topic||Presenter||links to the material|
|19 Nov 2019|
A Future Vision for Electromagnetic Geophysical Data, Processing and Modelling on High Performance Computing
|5 Nov 2019|
|22 Oct 2019||Introduction to NCI's Geospatial Data Server (GSKY) (part II)||Jingbo Wang/Leo Lymburner|
|8 Oct 2019||Introduction to NCI's Geospatial Data Server (GSKY) (part I)||Jingbo Wang||slides.pdf|
|24 Sep 2019||Introduction to NCI’s Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)||Jingbo Wang|
|10 Sep 2019||Introduction to the NCI's Managed Datasets||Jingbo Wang|