|Table of Contents|
Updated 04 (3:20pm 00pm AEST)
|NOW||NCI data centre preparation and Gadi installation in progress. Users preparing for Gadi.|
|Gadi and Raijin available to users. Gadi pre-production configuration is expected to include one rack of V100 GPU nodes.|
Gadi allocations will match Raijin Q4 allocations.
Jobs can be run (independently) on both systems.
Raijin /short available read-only on Gadi login and data mover nodes for user file transfers.
|Raijin job submission ends.|
Raijin nodes go offline.
and Skylakeand K80 GPU
nodes go offline for migration to Gadi. The expected downtime for these nodes is three days.
|Broadwell , and Skylake and K80 GPU nodes available on Gadi.|
|Gadi resource allocations for 2020 Q1 installed.|
|Gadi operational at full production specification.|
|Raijin /short file system decommissioned.|
- NCI's VDI service will continue to be available to users as Gadi enters service in 2019 Q4 and 2020 Q1. Overall VDI functionality is expected to remain unchanged.
- The current VDI application software stack will continue to be available. Email email@example.com if you have any questions or requests for new software packages on the VDI.
- As is the case now on Raijin, user home directories on VDI will continue to be separate from home directories on Gadi.Advice on
- how to submit jobs to Gadi from the VDI will be provided to users when this mechanism has been tested and installedDevelopment of VDI-to-Gadi job submission functionality is a high priority. NCI will provide advice on how to use this VDI feature following pre-release testing.
- Gadi users who require access to NCI data collections should ensure they are members of the required data collection projects.
- PBS jobs which read from files in data collections will need to use the requisite job directives to flag collection access, for example, "-lstorage=gdata/<project>". A data collection path on the file system will not be available to a job unless the appropriate PBS directive is provided.
- More comprehensive updates on VDI will be provided to users in January-February 2020.
- If you have specific questions or concerns about VDI please contact NCI User Support - firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have further questions or concerns about the transition from Raijin to Gadi please contact NCI user support at email@example.com.