N-Ways to GPU Programming Bootcamp
Application Deadline: April 04, 2023
Bootcamp Dates: 13th - 14th April 2023
The NCI, in collaboration with OpenACC organization and NVIDIA, is hosting the NCI N-Ways to GPU Programming Bootcamp for 2 days on April 13-14, 2023.
During this two-day online bootcamp, participants will learn about multiple GPU programming models and can choose the one that best fits their needs to run their scientific codes on GPUs. This bootcamp will cover an introduction to GPU programming using OpenACC, Standard Langauges, and CUDA C, and provides hands-on opportunities to learn how to analyze GPU-enabled applications using NVIDIA® Nsight™ Systems. This online bootcamp is a hands-on learning experience where you will be guided through step-by-step instructions with teaching assistants on hand to help throughout.
Attendees will be given access to a GPU cluster for the duration of the bootcamp.
- Basic experience with C/C++/Fortran. No GPU programming knowledge is required.
- Presented by NCI Australia, the bootcamp is open to all current and prospective NCI users.
- This event has limited capacity, so please make sure that prerequisites are met before applying.
Day 0 (Cluster Dry Run Session) April 12, 2023: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm AEST
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Cluster Dry Run Session
Day 1 (Intro) April 13, 2023: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm AEST
- 09:00 AM - 09:15 AM: Welcome (Moderator)
- 09:15 AM - 09:30 AM: Connecting to a Cluster
- 09:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Introduction to GPU Computing (Lecture)
- 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM: Accelerating Standard C++ and Fortran with GPUs (Lecture and Lab)
- 10:45 AM - 11:00 AM: Break
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM: Directive Based Programming with OpenACC on GPU (Lecture and Lab)
- 12:30 PM - 01:30 PM: Lunch
- 01:30 PM - 04:00 PM: CUDA C/Fortran Programming (Lecture + Lab)
Day 2 (Challenge: Hands-on) April 14, 2023: 09:00 am - 12:30 pm AEST
- 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Teaching assistants are assigned to help with the code challenge
- 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM: Wrap up and QA
*The agenda is a preliminary draft and subject to change as the event date approaches.
The 2-day Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Aust Eastern Standard Time (AEST) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
Contact us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org